Aims & Objectives
The Lymphoedema Network Northern Ireland will actively develop and promote:
- The profile of lymphoedema (prevention and management) including lobbying within all care sectors
- High standards of locally available lymphoedema management for all patients with lymphoedema and those deemed to be “at risk” of developing it
- Support for the individual trusts in the development of local equitable services across Northern Ireland
- Lymphoedema prevention/screening: for “at risk” patient groups to increase early diagnosis and immediate service access, promote prevention/patient self care and knowledge of regional services and ultimately reduce prevalence rates
- Lymphoedema management: informing and influencing health policy, models of service delivery (in line with the CREST Lymphoedema Guideline 2008) and education (both uni and multi-professional at generalist and specialist levels) across all care sectors.