Information on referrals
All clinics provide:
- Treatments available – MLD, Compression Bandaging (Coban 2 and traditional short stretch), skin care advice, kinesiotaping and hosiery
- All trusts provide both adult and paediatric services
- A regional genetic team contact is available and liaises with St Georges, London
- Do you have a support group – No formal paediatric support
- Cancer/non- cancer service? - Both
- Referral criteria and funding – Referrals accepted from all HCPs, must be registered with a NI GP
- Days/time of clinics – Monday to Friday 08.30- 16.30 hrs.
There are 5 Health and Social care Trusts in N. Ireland and each has a service.
Belfast HSC Trust
Send to Lymphoedema Service, Physiotherapy Dept, Cancer Centre, Belfast City Hospital, Lisburn Road, Belfast
Referrals can be made on the Community Information System (PARIS)
Northern HSC Trust
Referrals should be directed to: Elaine Stowe, Lymphoedema Lead, Lymphoedema Service, Ballymena Health and Care Centre, Cushendall Road, Ballymena, BT43 6HB.
Tel No: 028 2563 5202
South Eastern HSC Trust
Pippa McCabe, Lymphoedema Service,
Ward 9, Lagan Valley Hospital, Lisburn, BT28 1JP
Southern HSC Trust
AHP Central Booking Unit, The Ramone Building, Craigavon Area Hospital 68, Lurgan Rd, Portadown, BT63 5QQ
Western HSC Trust
Jill Hamilton, Lymphoedema Service, Riverside House, Outpatient Physio Dept, Tyrone County Hospital, Omagh, BT79 OAP