2nd prize in the 2019 BJN Chronic Oedema award was presented to Vivienne Murdoch for her role in the SEHSCT’s project looking to educate GP Practice nursing teams within the trust area. The aim was to ensure that all patients with simple chronic oedema in each practice were identified, correctly diagnosed and managed, and that the permanent staff in each practice gained a full knowledge of simple oedema management. Additionally, those identified with more complex oedema were referred to the lymphoedema team.
Welcome to the Lymphoedema Network Northern Ireland
Key referral contacts
Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
028 9063 8418
Northern Health and Social Care Trust
Telephone: 028 2563 5202
South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust
Telephone: 028 92633737
Southern Health and Social Care Trust
Telephone: 028 3836 0443
Western Health and Social Care Trust
Telephone: 028 8283 3134
The Lymphoedema Network Northern Ireland (LNNI) was set up in February 2008 to oversee the development of lymphoedema services across Northern Ireland.
- LNNI business, records of meetings and project plans
- Services for lymphoedema across the five HSC trusts in Northern Ireland
- An overview of the different types of lymphoedema
- Important documents for patients and the public
- Recent news & upcoming events relating to lymphoedema
- Useful links to other sources of information.