Pressure sores, wounds and ulcers of all types carry a heavy burden on the health and wellbeing of people across the country. They force people to learn to live with chronic pain and disrupt their lives significantly – taking a heavy toll on their mental health. They also weigh heavily on the system, as the cost of managing wounds is thought to be over £4.5 billion a year for the NHS – a figure that rivals the costs associated with other high profile conditions, such as obesity. Management of wounds requires constant attention to support healing and avoid reoccurrence.
Welcome to the Lymphoedema Network Northern Ireland
Key referral contacts
Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
028 9063 8418
Northern Health and Social Care Trust
Telephone: 028 2563 5202
South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust
Telephone: 028 92633737
Southern Health and Social Care Trust
Telephone: 028 3836 0443
Western Health and Social Care Trust
Telephone: 028 8283 3134
The Lymphoedema Network Northern Ireland (LNNI) was set up in February 2008 to oversee the development of lymphoedema services across Northern Ireland.
- LNNI business, records of meetings and project plans
- Services for lymphoedema across the five HSC trusts in Northern Ireland
- An overview of the different types of lymphoedema
- Important documents for patients and the public
- Recent news & upcoming events relating to lymphoedema
- Useful links to other sources of information.